- Are you looking to get ahead in your career while managing a world-class manufacturing facility?
- Join a Global Industry Leader and be part of building Australia's homes!
- On offer is a highly attractive remuneration in line with the responsibilities of this role plus ongoing career progression opportunities!
Deliver solutions that build Australia.
We span 130 countries and have been around since 1932, but one thing remains unchanged: we strive to be a global leader in construction materials and serve our customers by providing best-quality products and systems backed by expertise, service and support.
We’re part of building Australia’s homes, hospitals, communities and more through the innovative solutions we supply to the construction industry and through the people who grow their careers with us.
Join us, be part of the solution and continue to build our tradition of being the best.
About the Opportunity
Due to internal promotion, Knauf currently has an integral opportunity for a Production Manager to join their manufacturing facility in Bundaberg, QLD on a full-time permanent basis.
Reporting to the Plant Manager and acting as the 2IC, you will be responsible for managing production operations, ensuring the safe, continuous and efficient running of the plasterboard manufacturing facility.
Some of your key duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Leading a medium sized team, including supervisors and production operators, to ensure the seamless production of plasterboard;
- Developing technical expertise around the relevant machinery and technologies used in the production process;
- Working closely with the Planning, Distribution and Customer Service functions to ensure customer delivery expectations are met;
- Developing best practice production processes with the highest level of safety and efficiency in mind;
- Collaborating with other areas to integrate all supply chain functions, with the goal of maximising production efficiency;
- Building on existing systems and integrating new ideas into the manufacturing process; and
- Ensuring all regulatory and security protocols are followed appropriately.
Who is Knauf looking for?
To be considered for this role, you must have a technical aptitude with previous experience either in a similar role, or as a process engineer, technical manager, quality manager, reliability engineer or similar.
Tertiary qualifications in chemical engineering or a closely related discipline are also a requirement of the role, with an understanding of lean CI concepts and implementation seen as highly desirable.
As an influential communicator and leader, you will have a developed ability to direct communication, influence outcomes, and illicit support from a diverse range of direct reports and relevant stakeholders, building productive relationships that ensure correct operating procedures are adhered to.
With a strong technical aptitude you will be confident in your ability to comprehend process quickly, utilising your ability to learn on the go to develop a well rounded technical expertise.
As this is a fast paced manufacturing environment driven by routine, your strong attention to detail and ability to quickly adapt to competing responsibilities and overcome issues arising in production, will go a long way to ensuring your success.
Moreover, Knauf are looking for someone who demonstrates the forethought and drive necessary to take big picture ideas and turn them into actionable and manageable processes to continue to progress this world-class manufacturing facility.
Why Join Our Team?
These are the things that we're proud to offer our people:
PRIDE: Join the global leaders in lightweight construction materials.
OPPORTUNITY: Progress your career in a performance culture that spans 130 countries.
REWARD: Fulfil your potential, be recognised for your commitment to succeed and drive your own future.
SUSTAINABILITY: Be part of a global company that has thrived since 1932 and is passionate about thriving into the future through economic, social and environmental sustainability.
CHANGE: Challenge yourself by embracing innovation and growth with us.
In addition to the above, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration in line with the responsibilities of this role, and negotiable depending on skills and experience.
Moreover, you'll enjoy the benefits of working at an industry recognised and world-class manufacturing facility, with an expert team that take pride in the high quality standard of their work.
You also experience the added job stability and backing of a global organisation offering ongoing opportunities for career advancement and training, in a role very much suited to someone looking to get ahead in their career.
For an opportunity to join a Global Industry Leader in an integral management position - Apply Now!