Brisbane & Sunshine Coast
- Are you an experienced Civil Engineer, looking for a role with plenty of variety & opportunity to grow?
- Join a well-established QLD company supporting the Transport, Energy and Development industries across Australia!
- Competitive salary circa $100,000 - $130,000 plus a laptop, phone, vehicle, and relocation assistance, if required!
About the Organisation
GRC Civil is a Queensland-based company providing high-level construction services to the Development, Energy, Resources, and Transport industries across Australia, in both private and public sectors. With a proven track record of safely delivering projects on-time and within budget, their success is a direct result of the strong experience and technical expertise of their team.
Working on a range of projects, from local greenfield development works to state-funded brownfield projects, their team delivers bulk and detailed earthworks, stormwater, pavements, traffic signals, lighting, traffic management, concrete works, landscaping and more.
GRC is prequalified to Level R3, B1 (F50) under the Department of Transport and Main Roads (DTMR) works delivery system, for roads and bridges on projects valued up to $50 million. They maintain full ISO certification and accredited systems for Quality, Safety and Environmental Management, with staff equipped with the training and knowledge to implement these systems.
About the Opportunities
Due to ongoing growth, GRC Civil is looking for two full-time Project Engineers to join their teams in Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast, working predominantly on roadworks and earthworks projects.
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will be supporting the overall coordination and management of assigned projects, liaising with clients to plan and determine project timeframes and milestones, and ensuring that budget, time, and quality obligations are met.
Your key accountabilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Scheduling projects, preparing and submitting budget estimates, and providing regular progress and cost tracking reports;
- Determining labour and other resource requirements, requisitioning these materials and coordinating daily work crew activities;
- Managing subcontract resources, negotiating rates and ensuring sub contractors and suppliers are compliant with relevant environmental/safety requirements;
- Acting as Quality Coordinator, ensuring that safety, environmental, and quality management outcomes are in line with company objectives and industry best practice;
- Providing technical engineering advice and administrative support to the Project Team, Supervisor, Foremen, and respective crews; and
- Assisting with Project Estimating, using first principals estimating techniques.
To be successful, you will be a Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ), with demonstrated experience in a Project Engineer/Site Engineer role. A background in government-based projects, particularly Transport and Main Roads works will be essential, with additional qualifications in Traffic Management or Project Management highly regarded.
As a confident and effective communicator, you'll be capable of building strong relationships with a range of stakeholders, including clients, project crews and other GRC staff. You'll ideally be willing to take initiative, working autonomously and making timely decisions where required; but not afraid to ask questions or seek advice, and happy to give feedback in return.
With strong computer literacy, particularly in Excel and the wider Microsoft Office suite, you'll be confident using and learning new software, and ideally have some basic experience with design software, although this is not essential.
Please note: You will need a current, valid Driver's License and General Construction Induction card (White Card).
About the Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced engineer to join a well-respected, growing organisation with a strong commitment to rewarding quality work. You'll be well-supported, joining a welcoming team, and have access to both in-house training and external learning contracts to support any skills or specialties you're interested in.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive salary package circa $100,000 - $130,000 , commensurate with experience and qualifications.
You will also have access to a work/personal use vehicle, as well as a phone and laptop. Relocation Assistance is negotiable depending on your needs.
GRC Civil is committed to investing in their staff and, from Project Managers that joined the team as apprentices, to Foremen that started out as Labourers, they're passionate about promoting from within, based on individual skills. With a fantastic company culture and ongoing opportunities to advance and grow with the business, it's not surprising that GRC has incredible staff retention, with a majority of their team still around from when the company was founded in 2008.
Bring your engineering skills to a growing organisation that genuinely invests in their staff and rewards hard work - Apply Now!