Internal - Workshop Coordinator
About the role
Council is currently seeking a suitably qualified person to manage the workshop as Workshop Coordinator. In this role you will manage the Council's Workshop, enabling priorities to be met and plant requirements to be utilised in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
You will hold a current NSW Class HR Driver’s licence, as a minimum, and have knowledge and experience with regard to works associated with road construction and maintenance.
- Extensive experience in operation and management of a mechanical workshop.
- Possess relevant qualifications and experience as a motor mechanic on vehicles and plant.
- Demonstrated ability to manage several projects at one time.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a broad cross section of staff to achieve a high level of production and quality.
- Possess Work Health and Safety Induction for General Construction in accordance with the WHS Act 2011.
- Experience and competence in operation of computers including Microsoft Office skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people at all levels.
- Possess a NSW HR Driver’s Licence.
- Possess a current Workcover Authority Certificate of Competency to operate various items of equipment.
- Possess a First Aid Certificate.
- Good working Knowledge of the Work Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Previous Local Government experience.
- Possess a current Work Site Traffic Control Certificate (For Traffic Control Layout Planning).
- Possess relevant Certificate IV qualification in Management.
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional and audio screening.
Salary: $1,500.70 to $1,576.70 per week week + super
Position Status: Permanent full-time
Hours of work: 38 hours per week with an RDO every third week
Application closing date: Sunday 16 August 2020, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Simon Armitage - 02 6333 6223
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.