About the role
Bathurst Regional Council is currently seeking a suitably qualified person to join the Works section as the Maintenance Supervisor. In this role you will be responsible for the day to day supervision of works associated with Council’s road maintenance activities specifically with regards to the maintenance and installation of traffic facilities.
You will hold a current NSW Class C Driver’s licence, as a minimum, and have knowledge and experience with regards to works associated with road construction and maintenance.
- Current NSW Class C Driver’s licence, as a minimum
- Experience operating small plant used in the construction industry
- WorkCover Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Broad knowledge in Civil Engineering maintenance or construction particularly in traffic facilities i.e. signage, line marking, roadside furniture etc.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects preferably in a Local Government environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage several projects at one time.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a broad cross section of staff to achieve a high level of production and quality
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with people at all levels.
- Trade certificate or equivalent qualification/experience
- Current Work Site Traffic Control (For Traffic Control Layout Planning)
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office Software i.e. word, excel
- First Aid Certificate
- Local Government knowledge and experience
This position requires a pre employment health assessment which includes a functional, audio and drug & alcohol screen.
Salary: $1,253.90 to $1,317.40 per week week + super
Position Status: Permanent full-time
Hours of work: 38 hours per week with an RDO every third week
Application closing date: Sunday 23 August 2020, at 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Simon Armitage - 02 6333 6223
Bathurst Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
To submit your application for this position, please complete the questionnaire below. You will then be prompted to attach your resume and copies of any relevant qualifications (please note, attaching a resume is mandatory). You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.