Chef de Partie
What makes us different? At LDK Seniors’ Living, we believe every senior Australian should be treated with Love, Decency and Kindness in their ageing journey, and this is central to every aspect of our Retirement Villages and Communities.
What you’ll be doing? As our Chef de Partie, you’ll be assisting and working alongside our Sous Chef and Head Chef with the following duties:
- Prepare food items that don’t require cooking, for example preparation of sandwiches and salads
- Assist Sous Chef and Head Chef in cooking a range of meals, under their general supervision including the assembly and preparation of ingredients/food for cooking
- Portion, present and serve food to customers, demonstrating a high standard of customer service
- Undertake all duties in accordance with food safety and hygiene legislation, regulations and standards, including those specifically relating to the service of food to vulnerable persons
- Undertake general cleaning duties
- General pantry duties including handling, storing and distributing a variety of goods
- Pick, label and dispatch goods in accordance with orders made
- Assist in the maintenance of stock levels
What you’ll bring?
- Cert III in Kitchen Operations or Cert II in Hospitality (or experience deemed equivalent) (desirable)
- Food safety supervisor certification
- First Aid & CPR certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Demonstrated understanding of food handling and hygiene principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of State Food Safety Regulations (or willingness and ability to learn)
- Previous experience in commercial catering or other food services
- Previous experience in the provision of meals from fresh to end product (desirable)
- Awareness of the dietary requirements of the elderly (desirable)
We have two Full Time positions available. A mixture of shifts across 7 days will be available which will be discussed in the interview stage. The successful applicant will need to be flexible with their availability as these times may be subject to change.
What are the benefits?
- Above Award Pay Rate
- National Police Check paid for by us
- Learning and development culture
- Genuine Career opportunities
If you feel passionate about contributing to the LDK vision and believe this is the opportunity for you, please apply now.
For further information about LDK Healthcare, visit our website at https://ldk.com.au/
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Clearance.