- Help people achieve their employment goals
- Work Monday to Friday, ensuring healthy work/life balance
- Earn an attractive salary including tax-free packaging
Ready to facilitate results that really help people? Then you might just be the person to fill our full-time closed term (one year duration with the possibility of an extension) Employment Consultant role!
The successful applicant will work across our Bankstown and Harris Park offices.
Who we are
Flourish Australia is one of the largest providers of psychosocial mental health support services in Australia. We work in local communities to help people on their mental health recovery journey.
About the Opportunities
Reshape DES (Disability Employment Service) in an integrated model whereby the DES Employment Coordinator will work alongside a range of other support staff, providing a broad range of assistance to people enabling them to achieve their employment goals. This includes being embedded into our well established sites which already provide housing supports, day to day living programs, community support and other employment programs such as Australian Disability Enterprises and Social Enterprises. The role provides a good opportunity for direct registrations into the DES program from our existing services. This vacancy would suit someone who wants to work as part of a multi disciplined team with the support of our expansive organisation.
As an Employment Coordinator, you will provide DES specific support to local sites where Flourish Australia has DES contracts. The Employment Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring that jobseeker intake, initial appointments and interviews are carried out at all sites in accordance with the DES program guidelines. You will also support local site teams in assessing all referred jobseekers according to their skills, vocational preferences and ensuring barriers to employment are addressed.
For more information on what it means to be an Employment Coordinator please see position description here
- Direct or related experience within the Disability Employment Service Industry.
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal organisational skills.
- Proof of customer service experience with demonstrable facilitation, presentation, mentoring and training skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and ability to fully utilise the client information management system.
- Current Australian Driver’s Licence.
- Working With Children Check identification number.
- A carer role or having a lived experience will be an advantage.
You will be rewarded with an attractive salary package (Level 4) plus superannuation, leave loading and salary packaging.
Flourish Australia recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900;
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Comprehensive infrastructure including mobile phones and other resources for work purposes;
- Career development opportunities.
For further information, please contact Julie Duong, DES Program Manager E: email@example.com
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please complete the questions below. You will then be asked to attach a copy of your resume on the following page, we encourage you to have your resume up-to-date and available before you commence the application.
Successful applicants will be appointed subject to criminal record, satisfactory Australian residency and referee checks.