Administration Support Officer
Flourish Australia is seeking an Administration Support Officer within the Penrith office!
This is a full-time closed term position until 30 June 2020 working Monday to Friday and is classified level 3 on the Flourish Australia Enterprise Agreement.
About the Opportunity
In this role you will be responsible for being the first point of contact for inquiries, as well as providing a broad range of administrative support functions for the various offices in the Nepean Blue Mountains cluster. This position is also a first point of call for people who can be feeling very distressed so calmness and patience is required.
To be considered, you will have a minimum of 3 years experience in an Administrative role, preferably within the community services sector. In addition, you must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
You will be a caring and understanding individual, with strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, as well as effective organisational skills, good problem solving skills and the ability to work in challenging situations. You will also be able to demonstrate a practical and optimistic approach, the ability to work effectively within a team environment as well as independently, and have a good degree of computer literacy.
Flourish Australia encourages applications from candidates with lived experience of mental health issues.
In general, Administrative Support Officers are responsible for (but not limited to):
- Provide a professional reception service to the Penrith office.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support for the Nepean Blue Mountains Cluster.
- Provide support to the Senior Cluster Manager and other managers as required, maintaining effective communication with managers at all times.
- Filing, word processing, and data entry
- Receive incoming enquiries via telephone, electronic and paper mail, fax or visitors and direct to appropriate locations and managers
- Posting and distributing mail
- Maintain files for the people we support in accordance with policy, ensuring those records are accurate, of value to program staff and adhere to privacy and confidentiality standards.
- Help to maintain Disability Employment Service appointment schedule
- Undertaking reasonable office tasks as directed.
For more information about what it means to be an Administration Support Officer with Flourish Australia, please review the Position Description.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. We value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
Who we are
Our name reflects our fundamental and enduring commitment to people’s mental health and wellbeing, supporting them to thrive and live a contributing life.
People are at the centre of everything we do at Flourish Australia – they’re our heart and soul. We reflect this through the language we use, our pride and belief in our team and our respect and understanding of those with a lived experience of a mental health issue.
Our positions are open to all suitably qualified applicants. We have a strong commitment to participation of people with lived experience of mental health issues in our workforce. e value diversity and encourage applications from suitably qualified people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island backgrounds, people from CALD and LGBTI communities and mature age candidates.
- Formal qualifications in office administration or relevant certificates/training in office administration
- Experience in an office environment
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite and ability to utilise other appropriate information management systems
- A current Australian drivers licence
- A background working in an NGO and/or mental health/disability sectors (highly desirable)
- Current First aid certificate (highly desirable)
For further information, please contact Belinda Jenkins, Snr Cluster Manager E:firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not email applications)
You will be rewarded with an attractive salary package (Level 3) plus superannuation, leave loading and salary packaging.
Flourish Australia recognises and values its people as demonstrated by:
- Tax-Free Salary Packaging available up to $15,900
- Family-friendly and flexible working conditions
- Career development opportunities.